Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Scrapbowl recap

Almost two weeks (!) have gone by since my wonderful trip to Chantilly, VA for Scrapbowl. I can't believe I haven't written about it so far. I think I didn't want to admit it was over. It was by far the bestest, funnest, awesomest, scrapbooking trip I could imagine. I have been wanting to take a trip just to scrap probably since Zoe was born, night-time crops were all I had done up to this point. Thanks to my pal, Kristin who rocks, I finally got to go on a dream-come-true trip. I came home inspired, tired, and enthusiastic about creating more scrapbooks. We packed a lot into a three day trip. I still can't believe I actually went, got on a plane, left the state, stayed in a hotel, ate whenever I wanted, tried to sleep in (I was too excited to sleep), and laughed myself silly. Like I said, a mommy's dream come true!

Here are the albums I came home with: some are completed, some are almost done, some are from classes I took at the event, and some I did on my own. Here is the big crop room at the convention center. Look at all these scrappin' ladies, goin' crazy! It was energizing being in the same place with all these women that share the same passion. We did not crop in here, mostly in our hotel room, it was awesome, we had our stuff spread all over, cropping on the beds, the floor, etc. Just like college!

Me and Stacy Julian! I am so excited I got to meet her, she is "altogether too happy" like she says but in the BEST way! She gave us brownies and milk. How sweet is that?


Me and my IDOL!!!!! Donna Downey, I love her! She is just like I imagined she would be. Funny, down-to-earth, inspiring. She just taught us how to pose "skinny", don't I look skinnier? I'm such a nerd, I showed her an email she sent me and we both almost started to cry! I was so mad I didn't have my book for her to sign, maybe next time. It's so nerve-wracking to meet someone you admire so much...
Me and Margie Romney-Aslett from Making Memories. She is a hoot, love her, love her style, love her cowboy boots!
Me and Shimelle Laine from jolly-good England. I loved her class and it was the one I was most hesitant to take! We are making (in progress, b/c the poor thing lost a bag coming from England and so she is sending us the directions!) a book called "Just a Girl" based on the song by No Doubt, using the lyrics to create titles and journal prompts. How cool is that? We also are using lots of pink to embellish- love it! I showed her my Smurf ruler, she was diggin' it. See me holding it...
Here is my best scrapbooking resource/idea-bouncer-offer/cropping pal, Kristin. Thanks for everything chicka, loved it! Are we so happy or what?!
I highly recommend all mommies take a trip with a friend or two or even by yourself. It was better than I imagined and I cannot wait to take another one!










2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am smiling from ear to ear. You look so darn happy and just lovely!! The books look darling. What a great adventure-yeah!

Kristin said...

Can't wait to do it again Jenny :)