Thursday, February 21, 2008

Happy (belated) Valentine's Day

My sweet husband remembered my favorite flowers on Valentine's Day! So pretty!I can't believe that Valentine's Day has already come and gone. Every year I plan to make cards for my family and I forget. I did make some for the kids and my husband, just not everyone else. (Better get that reminder in next year's calendar now! Good tip for today!) I remember my elementary school days when Valentine's Day was the best party of the year. Passing out those little cards and envelopes was such an exciting job, I couldn't wait to give my cards to my friends and I couldn't wait to see the ones I would receive. I remember taking mine home and pouring over them for days and days. How did one friend decide to give me a kitty card and someone else decide Strawberry Shortcake would be the card for me? Oh and how about that cute little boy who sent me a card and wrote "love" on it, did he really love me? In my mind, I thought so. From my teaching days, I remember these parties as hectic and a little crazy but still exciting for the kids. There is something so gratifying to get a whole bag (or box) of cards picked out just for you! I love it that the same is still today. Zoe has been studying her cards from her school party since she got them. She knows who gave her which card and she is speculating why they picked a particular card for her. She is also wondering if everyone liked the cards she made (no store bought cards for my little mini-me!) Like mother like daughter I guess! Call it nostalgia, call it remeniscing, call it just plain fun, I love Valentine's Day!

No comments: