Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A couple layouts

I have still been a scrapbooking maniac, trying to finish up some of the layouts I have had planned for a while now, working on my goals I made in January (goals- not resolutions!). It's actually quite freeing to just "get em done". I have mostly been using a lot of paper, a few stickers, and an embellishment or two. I was glad when I heard Shimelle Laine say she doesn't stress about her layouts anymore, just grab it, glue it, stick it, done. I am trying to remember that as I finish more and more pages. I am also trying to remember that the whole reason I started to scrapbook was to record our family's history, not to create beautiful, original art every single time I sit at my desk. Now I do have some other projects in the works, some a little more extensive and creative than others which is why I am trying to work on my backlog of pictures. I have a hard time starting a new project when I know my old pictures are just sitting there waiting for me, calling to me, "Jenny, I want some printed paper and ribbon too!" I just love slipping another layout into its protector and each time I am pleasantly surprised at how cute and fun an "easy" page can be. And the best part, it's done! Here are a couple pages I have just finished in the last day or so. Sorry if they are hard to see, I don't have a scanner (I know I am so living in the 90's, gotta get with the new century already) so I just have to take a picture. Zoe's is called "Band Aid princess" and Parker's is "Ssslurp!".
OK, I just noticed both of these have polka dot paper, I swear I did not plan that. Oh and they both have colored brads too. Jeesh!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Zoe and Parker are soo darling, great pages. I especially like the arrows on Parkers Slurp-cute!. Zoe is going to love all these when she is a mommy-what a lucky girl :)