Monday, November 30, 2009

glad to be home

Whew, isn't Thanksgiving supposed to be relaxing? What a whirlwind: packing, traveling, driving, eating, lugging suitcases, doing dishes, honestly, I am sort of glad it's over. I hate to admit it but I like routine, order, the same 'ole thing every day. Who am I kidding, now is the craziest time of the year, but at least I'm at home and ready to go. We got our Christmas tree yesterday and plan to decorate it this weekend, that means I'll be decking my halls for the next week or so. I'm not sure how much I'll do since our house is still on the market and it probably won't "show" well with all my Christmas schmag all over the place. I do however plan on purging a whole bunch of decorations as I unpack them all. I couldn't do/didn't want to do this last year since I was preggers, now I am excited to see how much stuff I really don't want/need. I've got my Goodwill box all ready to go...

my weekly menu:
  • chicken and rice cheesey bake (I'll sneak some veggies in here too)
  • lasagna and salad
  • chili and biscuits
  • chili spaghetti (using leftovers)
  • ?- hubby is gone twice this week so I'll be wingin' it at least once
stuff I want to do this week:
  • order some presents online
  • decorate the Christmas tree
  • address envelopes for Christmas cards
  • get my hair trimmed
  • weigh in at Weight Watchers (Monday evening)
  • finalize Christmas shopping list
  • plan holiday menu
  • iron (it's been a couple weeks)
  • date night with hubby (Saturday)
  • begin Christmas scrapbook (photos and journaling)

No comments: