Monday, November 16, 2009

medicine area and my weekly menu

In reference to a few weeks ago...
Here is my straighted/stocked medicine area:

I am a big believer in using what I (you) have so no fancy baskets or containers. I used some that were in the basement. I think they are leftovers from my hundreds of shoes days. One box is for adult medicine, one is for kids, one is for thermometers, we have several kinds, don't ask! They are not usually this overflowing, doesn't really reflect my "organizing mommy status", but Walgreens had a BOGO sale and I stocked up on pain/fever relievers since Parker was infected with some kind of flu (probably H1N1). By golly, I am prepared! You will also notice that I have my extra vitamins in here, I always stock up when there is a BOGO sale at CVS or Walgreens. Anyway, you get the idea...

Now here is the next shelf which houses my stock pile of personal care products.
One drawer is for deodrant and razors. One is for toothpaste and toothbrushes. The last one is for first aid (band aids and first aid ointment). Along the sides is where I put shaving cream, hair products and my yearly supply of contacts. The top of the drawers is where I put bar soap, tooth flosser thingys, and small tissue packs. You can't tell from these pictures but this closet is a weird shape. It is not a boxy closet, it has angled sides and those dumb wire shelves (things always fall through!). It makes organizing difficult, I know, shock and awe! Can you believe I said that?! So that is why I have to put the square things in the middle and odd shapes on the sides where I can cram them in. I mean place them neatly, ahem. The good thing about this closet being small and somewhat unusable, it forces me to purge regularly and does not allow me to overbuy.

My menu for this week:
  • chicken enchiladas
  • crock pot chili and hot dogs
  • baked fish and sweet potato casserole
  • Vegetarian quiche and sausage (for the kids!) with biscuits
  • Tacos and taco salads
All menus subject to last minute changes when hubby calls to say he won't be home until late and kids won't eat what I fix, therefore, we have chicken nuggets for kids and salad for me! ;)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

hmmmm an orderly linen closet, one of my most favorite oraganized spaces. Way to go. I need to get to Walgreens for some BOGO meds too. Thaks for the reminder. I like reading your menus. It gives me idea :)