Wednesday, November 18, 2009

watchin' my weight Wednesday

In my quest to maintain "lifetime" status as a Weight Watcher. I admit I weigh myself every day. I know some people would say that is unnecessary but it's all part of the ritual for me. I find that checking in with myself every day forces me to be more accountable for my actions. I do not weigh in during "female monthly time" that is just depressing and I get really mad at the number on the scale even though I know it is due to hormones and retaining water. I also take measurements (frequently, not daily) and this has helped me to feel really good about weight loss and maintenance. The best part of monitoring my weight is being able to shop for jeans. I took the tags off a new pair of jeans I bought and taped them to my closet mirror. The visual reminder of the new size of my jeans is the best motivator I have found yet. I think we all have to find what works for us and stick with it.

No comments: