Wednesday, March 31, 2010

watchin' my weight Wednesday


This hand-me-down trampoline has been a fun way for me to get some extra activity. Our neighbor (who's kids are almost all done with high school0 said we could have it. Paul, my neighbor and one of his sons carried it from their house to ours. Completely put together, like a giant table, around the corner, down our street, to our back yard. So funny. If you don't jump on one of these regularly, get ready for some serious calf pains and ab work (not sure if it is from laughing or the jumping?!).

Anyway, I have been going to a spinning class once a week in addition to my running/jogging. I discovered spinning after Zoe was born and I loved it then, and love it now. I would go every day except that doesn't fit our schedule. I'll settle for once a week, some is better than none, right?! Again, anyway, I was there Tuesday at 5:45 AM (just bragging on my own self for getting up that early to go) and the instructor kept telling us to get water as we rode our long endurance ride. I was doing as I was told and then she said, "if you have a headache at the end of the day, and you don't think it is caused by your kids or your job or your spouse, it is probably because you are dehydrated." Seriously?! I have had a headache for about a month straight. I don't get headaches a lot so I have been thinking I have a tumor or something like terrible allergies. I hate taking medicine of any kind so realizing I could stop taking Advil and drink some extra water sounds like heaven. Then I got to thinking some more, all this extra activity might be making me dehydrated! I always drink a lot of water but I have been trying to move more and it makes total sense. Duh, right? Sometimes you need someone to knock you in the head, kind of like those V8 commercials, I feel so dumb not realizing the problem. So I sit here with my water nearby, chugging away, hoping to prevent anymore headaches and improve my health at the same time. Excuse me while I run to the bathroom for the tenth time today...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ok-cute boots girl. Thanks for wearing them :) I'm trying to figure out how to wear boots with a short skirt-do you think 36 might be too old for that? hmmm...still thinkin. Anyways-thanks for the water reminder. Always good to be mindful especially as it warms up. Love the picture of Tanner. I'm pretty sure I need to rub that bald little head-it looks yummy to snuggle up against. Have a happy Easter!