Monday, October 10, 2011

Indian Summer

Zoe reminded me that it was Indian Summer. I kind of forgot about that term for this glorious time of year. I love the warm weather, the colors, the sounds and smells, the activities... all that happy stuff. Now, the upcoming cold weather, I dread, a lot.
I love shorts and jackets weather...
I feel like such a "real" blogger today. I am addressing a few comments from last week and I am getting a sense of what bloggers who actually get paid to write go through. :) Lots of Google-ing, searching for websites you found a long time ago, cutting and pasting, linking, it makes for an interesting blogging day.


Jen asked me to share the slow cooker and dumplings recipe, I stole it from Sarah at Clover Lane. I have made a bunch of her recipes and my family likes them all. I am not a Clover Lane stalker by the way, I just really identify with her. Don't you have a blogger you just "click" with, jeez, I wasn't trying to make a computer joke, but I kind of did.

You can find Jen at: jeninkpen.blogspot.com/


Kerri asked me to share the tortellini recipe. It is one of my favorites. I swear I could eat the whole pot. No kidding.

You can find Kerri here: thepleasuresofmylife.blogspot.com/

Sarah encouraged me to go out and buy some pants that fit until my booty can squeeze itself back into my old jeans. Well, Sarah, I did. I just happened to be at the Goodwill last week and jeans were on sale for $1.99 (score!) I found some capri jeans and a pair of Levis that I really like. I will actually be sad to get rid of them when I do lose all my weight, they definitely help with the mom muffin top. Anyway, you were right. Pants with an actual waistband make you feel like a real person not a goobly blob in elastic and lightly spandexed pants.

You can find Sarah here: sortandshout.blogspot.com/

my things to do this week:
Mostly I am going to be getting ready for Parker's birthday party this weekend. I would like to say I am going to be doing more, but I am really finding I do not have a lot of free time and the time I have goes so quick, I am thinking a light "to do" list this week will be beneficial. I do hope to get out some fall decorations if I have some "extra" time. I would also like to get some pictures framed and displayed and I have another big iron pile (I think I am going to add "hire an ironer-person to my list of things I will spend money on when I win the lottery.) My light list is growing already...

my menus for this week:
Sadly, I do not have anything enticing planned. Big tall hubby just told me late last night he has events all week he has to stay late for, so the kids and I will be kind of going with the flow as far as meals go. I think we'll be eating lots of leftovers, fruits and veggies, mac and cheese and spaghetti. BTH had to stay late a bunch last week too and so I have some things to use up from my previous menus. Hopefully, next week I'll have a more inspiring list to share.

Have a great week everyone.

One last note, I am currently in "hold the baby and type with one hand" mode so if you see a bunch of typos here or on comments, please forgive me! :)

4 comments:

Together We Save said...

The weather there looks wonderful!!

Kristin said...

I love Indian Summer too! People here keep scaring me telling me it's possible we'll have snow by Halloween! Eeek.

Jill said...

Loving this weather too! And I'm with you I am not looking forward to the cold... Hope you have a great week!

Blessings,
Jill

Kerri said...

Thanks for the recipe Jenny!! I'm going to head over there and copy it down...and put it on next weeks menu!
Love your pictures....you live on such a beautiful street. Our leaves are just starting to change...and yesterday we were 81 degrees...I love indian summer!