Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

All you snow birds out there, I am so sorry you are dealing with snow, snow! Yikes, I swear if it snowed here right now I'd be on the first flight to the beach. Well, I'd like to think I would, but really, I'd be complaining and shivering all at once. I hope everyone has a great Halloween and Trick or Treat night. Is is just me or is this night beginning to be like Christmas?! I have been running around like a maniac trying to get everyone and everything ready... candy, costumes, dinner (although a dinner of Snickers, M&M's and Milk Duds sounds great to me!), decorations (Parker is insisting!), strollers and wagons, I'm exhausted and it hasn't even happened yet!

We went to the pumpkin patch a couple weeks ago. I love it. I am sad to say, our cute little patch is going commercial. **sniff** In order to participate in most of the activities, kids had to buy a really expensive wrist band and most of the activities are not age appropriate for all my kids. Grr! Why do fun things have to get all crazy? We chose to forgo the bands and just pick pumpkins. The kids were ok. Next year, I am shopping for a new patch.

Here they are at the measuring picture thingy.... I make them stand here every year. They hate it. I don't care. "I'm the mom and I say so!!!"
Even Asher enjoyed the day... :)
my things to do this week:
  • finish thank you notes, they just keep multiplying
  • dust my upstairs rooms, it's been a while sad to say
  • probably clean up Halloween decorations, I can only stand them for so long
  • try a new exercise DVD that is resting in my dusty bedroom ;)

my menus for this week:
  • salmon with fried couscous salad
  • pizzas (tonight- easy homemade ones for trick or treat) with Cesar salad
  • spaghetti (Zoe request) and salad
  • lemon pepper chicken with green beans and caramelized onions
  • gnocchi with kale and squash (better have a back up for this one- no one but me is excited about this new recipe!)

Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Becca said...

I need costume pics, Jenny! ;)

Kristin said...

Miss you. Sorry just had to say it.

The kids are adorable.

Sarah said...

I want to rub Asher's perfect round head. Oh baby! What a cute bunch of kiddos.

Loved Parker's bday cake. Was he proud or what? and OMG, don't get me started on homework. Every night-really? We have it once a week and I can hardly handle that. I would be a disaster, not to mention the kids.

Happy Halloween. Post costume pictures when you get a chance.

Kerri said...

Isn't it crazy that we have the same pumpkin chart at our pumpkin patch near us?! That last picture is so cute...pumpkin patch pictures are the BEST!