Monday, October 8, 2012

Monday Check-In

What did you do this weekend?

Me? Well, I finally cleaned out my spice cabinet. (By the time I was finished, I was exhausted, this was a late Friday night project and I forgot to take an "after." It was homecoming at Big Tall Hubby's school so I was a principal's widow all weekend.)


And I made donuts. My kids' favorite. Here is the recipe.

I also attended a lacrosse game and a Bengals game! Whee, it wasn't all work. I enjoyed that a lot.

I am trying to take it easy this week. I have been killing myself with laundry and closet reorgs the last few weeks and I need a break. It is my Parker's birthday this weekend. He wore me down and I agreed to have a Chuck E. Cheese birthday for his friends. (We're doing a family party next weekend.) I think I am going to need all my extra strength to get through that party. I loathe C.E.C. It is just sticky and icky there. I just want to scrub everything. Blech! But I know kids love it.



my things to do this week:

  • clean out our armoire/chest in the computer room
  • label the kids' recent pictures
  • look up some recipes for hazelnut spread
  • get the kids' Halloween costumes
  • get Parker's birthday gift
  • and a I have a few lingering things from last week, mostly little notes and things to write


my menus this week: (easy, fast, boring)

  • baked chicken, rice with red beans, broiled carrots
  • sweet and spicy chicken/tofu and veggie stir fry, rice
  • spaghetti, salad, breadmaker french bread
  • taco soup with quesidillas
  • pizzas and breadmaker bread sticks
  • tacos and nachos
  • chicken and dumplings and noodles
Catch ya later bloggy mommas.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh Chuck e Cheese! Good luck with that one! Super fun!
I heard Revenge was a great show. My friend said I should watch last season on Netflix. I think I might!

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

Ah, We have done the Chuck E Cheese birthday too. What a racket! But,kiddos do like it there!

It looks like you are going to have two busy weekends.

The menu sounds delicious!

Kristin said...

Chuck E. Cheese! I escaped having that party with Zach but not with Aiden. Oh well. Just use the hand sanitizer often.