Me? Well, I finally cleaned out my spice cabinet. (By the time I was finished, I was exhausted, this was a late Friday night project and I forgot to take an "after." It was homecoming at Big Tall Hubby's school so I was a principal's widow all weekend.)
And I made donuts. My kids' favorite. Here is the recipe.
I also attended a lacrosse game and a Bengals game! Whee, it wasn't all work. I enjoyed that a lot.
I am trying to take it easy this week. I have been killing myself with laundry and closet reorgs the last few weeks and I need a break. It is my Parker's birthday this weekend. He wore me down and I agreed to have a Chuck E. Cheese birthday for his friends. (We're doing a family party next weekend.) I think I am going to need all my extra strength to get through that party. I loathe C.E.C. It is just sticky and icky there. I just want to scrub everything. Blech! But I know kids love it.
my things to do this week:
- clean out our armoire/chest in the computer room
- label the kids' recent pictures
- look up some recipes for hazelnut spread
- get the kids' Halloween costumes
- get Parker's birthday gift
- and a I have a few lingering things from last week, mostly little notes and things to write
my menus this week: (easy, fast, boring)
- baked chicken, rice with red beans, broiled carrots
- sweet and spicy chicken/tofu and veggie stir fry, rice
- spaghetti, salad, breadmaker french bread
- taco soup with quesidillas
- pizzas and breadmaker bread sticks
- tacos and nachos
- chicken and dumplings and noodles
Catch ya later bloggy mommas.