Thursday, March 6, 2008

38 Pens

I keep trying to get everyone organized, neat and tidy around here but sometimes it seems like I am treading water, moving a lot but not getting anywhere. These are all the pens my husband brings home from work. Every few weeks or so, I go around and gather them up and put them in a baggie and send them to school with him. (Funny- last time I was in his office, I saw one of the baggies on his desk, still full of pens!) I usually put them in his lunch bag or else the baggie will sit on the counter for weeks. I don't know how these all end up here, I guess he just keeps putting them in his suit pockets as he uses them, whatever, we end up with this mound of pens every so often. I tried giving him a whole drawer in the kitchen to put his man stuff in, principal keys, car keys, cell phone, palm pilot, pens, etc. but somehow they never quite made it there, it always looks like Batman threw up all his gadgets on the counter at the end of the day. We are trying a new system of hanging our keys by the garage door and keeping all other gear in my cute Longaberger stack rack (see "Around the House"). I hope this works. Now is it too nerdy for the principal to wear one of those pen holders around his neck like the kindergarten teachers wear (Hey, I was a kindergarten teacher, I had one so don't get all defensive!)? Maybe that will force him to use only one per day? I think I'm fighting a losing battle on that one!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sadly, I think it is a losing battle too. We have two baggies of pens that I would like to ship somewhere.

Sarah said...

Something must be wrong with me-I can never find a pen.
I love your comments on my blog Jen, you crack me up :)