Friday, March 7, 2008

We live what we learn

I am officially becoming my grandmother!

  • I like antiques and crafts, nothing to be embarrassed about.
  • I love PBS and NPR, ok, so that is a little dorky.
  • I could go to the library or Goodwill everyday, you never know what you might find in either of those places.
  • I clip and use coupons, hey, nothing wrong with being frugal?!
  • I like to hand write notes to people, that's a nice thing, I think.
  • I like to bake, good for my mouth, not so much for my hips, like my grandma!
  • I love all things Kentucky: horses, horse farms, horse racing, my alma mater, UK- Go Big Blue!, basketball, bluegrass music, bourbon (only a sip now that I am a college graduate), Derby hats, Derby pie, rolling hills surrounded by white fences, tobacco barns filled with drying tobacco (although I hate any form of tobacco, it is quite a lovely sight), and that good old southern hospitality.

Here are the clinchers: there will be no pictures because these are just too humiliating!

  • I wear slippers or fuzzy slipper socks all day! (My grandma called these "cooner covers" I have no idea why.)
  • I wore a shower cap in the shower today, and I liked it! I really like skipping a day of washing and drying my hair, this definitely made it easier.

I told you, humiliating! I think my grandma is probably looking down on me and smiling, I had no idea I would be her legacy. A nice thing to realize today.

No comments: