Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dyeing and Flooding

Who decided St. Patrick's Day and Easter should be a week apart? I need at least two weeks between special occasions/holidays just to recover! I mean, come on people, aren't we the grown-ups here? Can't we just say, well Easter is going to be on a different Sunday? Will the kids really know the difference? Anyway, with this special holiday only a few days away, I quick grabbed some eggs yesterday and we spent the evening dyeing them. (BTW- We don't even have our Easter decorations out yet! Shamrocks are still dangling from our chandelier and our pot of gold is still full of chocolate gold pieces!) You can see it here in the left corner... My grandma taught me (actually she insisted) to blow dry the eggs so they won't get that dark circle on the bottom, we're all a bunch of perfectionists! So I have taught Zoe and Parker to do the same.

The kids loved this egg decorating kit. It came with teeny sponges and glitter paint. I think they liked this better than the dyeing process. Parker was all over this sponge paint. The sponge paint was all over him too.

They must have inhaled too many vinegar fumes because during their bath time, somehow, they became temporarily insane and totally flooded the bathroom! I was, needless to say, not a happy mommy. I can't believe how fast they can wreck havoc, I literally answered the phone, said to my mom that I'd have to call her back while the flooding took place. Did I mention my husband was gone at work during the dyeing and flooding? Well he was and I was secretly cursing him, actually just wishing he was here to drop the hammer on these two maniacs. I kept my cool, no beatings or lashings, there was something in the back of my mind that I knew would make me feel better...
Thank you M&Ms for making cherry flavored yummyness! I wish I had more than half a bag left. And I wish they weren't just a limited edition, boo hoo, these are da bomb!

3 comments:

Satunas4 said...

I've been there too. Water everywhere... And those M& M are great aren't they... I just love them. You are so ahead of us on the Easter eggs. You go girl!!!!!

Satunas4 said...

Where are the flooding pictures??? :)

Sarah said...

You are a brave woman. I bought the dye kits a while ago but can't bring myself to unleash the beasts :) I am loving Zoe's little fingers in that picture. Sorta half princess, half tomboy with the chipped red nail polish. (Although I know she is 100% princess) Haven't tried the cherry M&Ms yet, putting them on my Target list.