Thursday, March 13, 2008

power sorting

I have been wanting to do a power sort of my pictures for a long time so this is what I worked on this week. I sorted through (I think) 24 envelopes of developed pictures and lots of memorabilia, it was about 13 months of photos. The empty envelopes looked like this. I still have to file the negatives. I sorted them into plastic page protectors and then put the protectors into a giant 3 ring binder in a rough chronological order. One binder is for "family" photos, one for "Zoe's" photos, and one for "Parker's" photos. The binders with their pages ready to be inserted looked like this. A total nightmare!
After putting the protectors in their binders, they looked like this. This is the family photos to be scrapped, about a year or so worth of pictures, it can't even close!
A little better but looking very overwhelming. These are my "things to scrapbook" binders and they are scaring me a little, well a lot actually. I don't ever anticipate being "caught up" on my scrapbooking, I know it is a hobby in progress. These seem a little crazy, stuffed to the brim. I originally liked this system because I could put stickers, embellishments, etc. in the protector with the photos until I scrapped them, along with notes about design ideas, or whatever. It has worked until this last power sort. Now I am feeling like it is not going to work in the long run. I don't want to spend any money on organizing my scrapbook stuff, I'd rather spend it on pretty paper or stickers so I'm going to be wracking my brain until I can come up with a better system. Until then, it looks like I've got my work cut out for me! I-yi-yi!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

WOW!!

Kristin said...

thinking about your problem...haven't thought of anything yet but I'll let you know if I do.