Friday, March 14, 2008

a few more layouts




Here are a few more layouts I did with my Target clearanced paper and letter stickers. When I was in Shimelle Laine's class at Scrapbowl she said she keeps using her scraps of paper that she trims off her initial chosen pieces until she's done with them. I have been doing this for a while too. I like the idea of not having to file my scraps/embellishments when I am finished. I spent time gathering them already, why file them to only have to get them out again?! I finished 3 layouts using some of the same papers from a few days ago. (These each go into different albums so I'm not worried about repetition.) I just had to get a bigger coordinating piece for the background. And notice that the colors might not match exactly to the original patterned paper, but I am not letting this bother me. I am telling myself that this layout is awesome not because everything is matchy-matchy but because it is a completed page, a documented memory for my family. Done, finished, move on. Hoo-ah!

No comments: