Monday, March 3, 2008

Around the house

Is this why I can't lose that mommy muffin that hangs over my jeans? Probably, don't answer that! Seriously, when your husband works as many hours as mine does, you have to have chocolate daily, no exceptions. But when he works all day on Saturday too, you need to have chocolate so bad you'll scour your recipes to find one that has the ingredients you have on hand to make some yummy triple chocolate chunk brownies. They definitely helped me through the day. Here are my cute new additions to my minuscule laundry room. We do have the world's smallest laundry room, no joke! The Longaberger basket stack rack was from my birthday last year! It's been in hiding in my closet just waiting to be hung up. (I was waiting for the bead board to be installed- that was this year's birthday present.) The coat rack we made ourselves, so DIY! I have been eyeing these hooks at Hobby Lobby for a while. I just went ahead and bought them last week. I asked Paul if he had any scrap wood to make a back and frame and lo and behold he did. His new nail gun and air compressor makes all my "jobs" fun and easy. So he put it together and I painted it and voila! I love it. I wanted to paint the room lime-ish green but he said no. Oh well, guess I can't have everything. Anyway, I plan on making some cute tags for the baskets and I am hoping this helps us keep the clutter off the kitchen counter and coats off the floor. We'll see...

2 comments:

Kristin said...

the brownies look SO yummy. wish I had a couple of those right now :)
Love the hooks too. You are so handy :)

Sarah said...

Love the hooks, and love the baskets. Making tags is so yummy! Have fun organizing :)