Sunday, March 9, 2008

Dreams

As a mom, I think most of us would agree we want better lives for our children then we had (I just watched a 20/20 where Tori Spelling pretty much said the same thing, and she grew up in a palace!) but anyway, I hope that my children grow up with endless opportunities to succeed and feel loved and have a joyful life of course. Selfishly, I must say, I just want to spoil them rotten sometimes. I remember every year my dream of having the Barbie Dream House was crushed on Christmas morning when it was missing from my gift bounty. Oh, poor me, I know, so pitiful! I did however have the townhome, the one with the elevator, which my best friend, Vicki, said she always wanted, so I guess it was pretty cool. I just didn't realize it back then. ANYWAY, back to the present, I love seeing the joy on my children's face when they receive a special gift or surprise. Here is Zoe with the American Girl doll she has wanted for about two years. (Thanks Gigi!) She wanted the one with the earrings so bad, she didn't care if her doll did not have eyes that matched her own. That is true desire! Don't they look so cute dressed alike? Just a note, I always wanted a doll that looked like me that I could dress up in matching clothes. So I guess, my dreams are coming true.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She looks so cute!
Katie got a doll for her birthday and she loves to dress it up all the time. We get the clothes at Target. Maybe Zoe's doll is the same size.