Friday, October 17, 2008

a pick me up for me

Having small children in your house always means it is sheer pandomonium at any given time, in my case, most of the time. If you look closely, at the light on the left, you will see a bouncy ball sitting in there. Parker likes to bounce balls in our two story open foyer. This is not the first one to make its way into the chandelier. It is however in a strange location that we might not be able to reach with the broom handle or other long thing we find to dislodge it while hanging precariously over the edge of our stairs. See what I mean, craziness...

This weekend will be my second weekend of entertaining guests. In the midst of planning two parties, cleaning house for two parties, preparing food for two parties, and still running day to day operations has left me just a tensy bit crabby. Oh, and did I mention I'm pregnant? Forgot that one. So you can imagine, I have been an itty bitty bit emotional, mostly from complete exhaustion. I think I have cried about 8 times a day for the last two weeks. While I am crying, it seems so logical to be upset. Of course, now I can't even remember what I was so upset about in the first place. My husband always the problem solver (he is so from Mars while I am totally from Venus!) tries to help. Well it just isn't good enough darn it! Actually it probably is, I'm just an irrational, emotional, exhausted pregnant lady with a sore back and giant boobs that are sure to make me topple over on my face any day now. So he came home from work the other day with these...
Aren't they pretty? I don't get flowers very often but when I do, they sure do the trick. I've been running (well toddling) over to them and sniffing them like my dog sniffs the grocery bags when I feel my Niagara Falls eyes welling up, it seems to be working. Long story short, thanks honey!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

beautiful! You have the perfect excuse to be emotional, it's a free pass of sorts :) Just keep crying and sniffing(your husband might be spending a lot of time at the florist-that's a good thing)