Tuesday, October 21, 2008

some things are worth waiting for

Since Paul and I were married seven years ago, I have wanted one thing for our home probably more than anything else but it has not been a necessity. Building two new homes required new landscaping and lawns, new blinds on every window, new towel bars, light fixtures, paint, ahh! You get the idea. Slowly but surely we have been getting the furniture we want but it definitely has been a long process. One income makes shopping for big purchases difficult, especially since I tend to have "champagne taste with a beer budget" as my mom has always said. This past weekend we finally got a new kitchen table. I absolutely love it! No exaggeration. I could not sleep the night before it was supposed to be delivered, I was so excited. Every night at dinner I would look at our poor, teeny, scratched, left-over from the bachelor pad table and sigh, "someday we'll get one" I'd tell myself. The arrival of a new baby got me to thinking, our table seats four, we are going to be five soon, hmm, can't put it off any longer. I told my husband, we are getting a new table for Christmas. I told him we use it every day and we will until someday when our kids move out and we are too old to have this big house so I want a new table now! No compromises or questions, he just kind of said, ok, you pick it out. This is what I chose...
Can you believe its awesomeness? I love it. I just want to rub it all time. I might get a round rug for underneath, I haven't decided yet, still love my wood floor and don't want to cover it up.
This is the inlaid top, you can't see the basketweave around the edge very well, but it is there and I love it so much.
Another view, we actually got 6 chairs for this beastly thing and when the leaf is in, we'll need them. For now, the four of us will continue to enjoy our nightly dinners here, until little peewee joins us.This bad boy weighs about 300 pounds, it is a solid piece of loveliness, have you ever heard anyone gush over a piece of furniture so much? I know I am a nut job. Eating mac n cheese at such a grand table sure makes it taste a lot better! Bon appetite!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Congrats on your new table! It IS beautiful.