Monday, March 31, 2008
Friday, March 21, 2008
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
The kids loved this egg decorating kit. It came with teeny sponges and glitter paint. I think they liked this better than the dyeing process. Parker was all over this sponge paint. The sponge paint was all over him too.
They must have inhaled too many vinegar fumes because during their bath time, somehow, they became temporarily insane and totally flooded the bathroom! I was, needless to say, not a happy mommy. I can't believe how fast they can wreck havoc, I literally answered the phone, said to my mom that I'd have to call her back while the flooding took place. Did I mention my husband was gone at work during the dyeing and flooding? Well he was and I was secretly cursing him, actually just wishing he was here to drop the hammer on these two maniacs. I kept my cool, no beatings or lashings, there was something in the back of my mind that I knew would make me feel better...
Thank you M&Ms for making cherry flavored yummyness! I wish I had more than half a bag left. And I wish they weren't just a limited edition, boo hoo, these are da bomb!
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Some pictures from Michael Buble's concert. It's kind of hard to see but in my mind I can remember every song, it was a terrific show. He is so dreamy, cute, talented, his voice is just like butta!
During "Home" they had a slide show of Cincinnati things, Paul Brown stadium, Great American Ballpark, Pete Rose's jersey, the skyline and Ohio river, and this one is my favorite, Skyline coneys being loaded up. If I ever had to move from here, that is the thing I'd miss most of all, Skyline coneys and 3-way(the spaghetti kind, get your mind out of the gutter!). Mmmm...
This is the group called Naturally 7. They opened up. So extremely cool. They used their mouths to simulate all the instruments they would need in a real song: guitars, bass, drums, harmonica, etc. I swear it was the coolest thing. They sound so awesome. I looked them up on Youtube and you can hear their songs, they sing, "In the Air Tonight" and "Take these Broken Wings", both remakes with a hip-hop flavor. I highly recommend a look-see/listen.
Does anyone know what gets into an almost 2 1/2 year old, besides the terrible twos? Mine has been crying for about an hour now and nothing will make him stop. I am still blaming it on the time change, I have no idea what it is. I think he is going to drive me to drinking excessively. Ugh!
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Friday, March 14, 2008
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Monday, March 10, 2008
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Friday, March 7, 2008
I am officially becoming my grandmother!
- I like antiques and crafts, nothing to be embarrassed about.
- I love PBS and NPR, ok, so that is a little dorky.
- I could go to the library or Goodwill everyday, you never know what you might find in either of those places.
- I clip and use coupons, hey, nothing wrong with being frugal?!
- I like to hand write notes to people, that's a nice thing, I think.
- I like to bake, good for my mouth, not so much for my hips, like my grandma!
- I love all things Kentucky: horses, horse farms, horse racing, my alma mater, UK- Go Big Blue!, basketball, bluegrass music, bourbon (only a sip now that I am a college graduate), Derby hats, Derby pie, rolling hills surrounded by white fences, tobacco barns filled with drying tobacco (although I hate any form of tobacco, it is quite a lovely sight), and that good old southern hospitality.
Here are the clinchers: there will be no pictures because these are just too humiliating!
- I wear slippers or fuzzy slipper socks all day! (My grandma called these "cooner covers" I have no idea why.)
- I wore a shower cap in the shower today, and I liked it! I really like skipping a day of washing and drying my hair, this definitely made it easier.
I told you, humiliating! I think my grandma is probably looking down on me and smiling, I had no idea I would be her legacy. A nice thing to realize today.