Monday, April 12, 2010

for sale by owner

Doesn't this look like a house you'd like to own?





We have had to list our house ourselves since we fired our last realtor and let me just tell you it is hard work. Wow, I cannot tell you how much we have had to do this last week or so. Today we have our first showing and I am a nervous wreck. Completely. Totally. I don't know why, this is our same house we've had on the market for a year but now that we are responsible for the marketing it feels like more pressure somehow. Please keep us in your thoughts as the people come through today. I have been praying to St. Joseph like crazy. It's not so much that I want to move but I am ready to move on, does that make sense? This year of finding an agent, firing two of them, keeping my house "show ready", not having pictures of my kids on the walls, packing up my trinkets, loading up the car for open houses and showings is starting to take its toll on me. I am beginning to feel like a real curmudgeon, and that is not my personality at all. Listing "for sale by owner" is kind of our last hope, the last thing we can do to get this thing sold. Keep your fingers (and toes) crossed for us.

**update**
Holy cow! Our potential buyers are coming back tomorrow for a second look. Pretty please keep us in your thoughts...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It looks BEAUTIFUL! Yes, I would like to buy it, just in TN :) Good luck with the showing today-I have a good feeling about it. You are an impressive person, I'm bitter betty and my house has been on nearly 90 days,I'm not sure what I would look like after a year(my husband shutters to think). Toes and fingers are crossed.

Murillo Family said...

It is gorgeous! Love the paint in the eating area! Big prayers your way.