Me in front of the Apollo spaceship...
read on to find out why I included this photo today. (photo from 2010)
Well howdy do there ladies! (Isn't it funny how I assume you are all ladies? Well, I think I am safe to assume.) I hope all is well with you. I can't wait to catch up with everyone. I swear I do not know where the time is going. The days are flying by and I am so stinkin' behind on everything, then I start to worry that spring will be here and there goes a whole bunch of more stuff I have to do (see, I am delusional, it's only January for Pete's sake!) and I start to get all panicky again. I am such a Nervous Nellie, drives myself crazy. I have lots of bloggy ideas I want to share/ask/ponder, I hope I can get them out there before they get lost in my "things to do" list in my brain.
This week (and last) have been crazy busy so I missed my Monday stuff altogether. In my defense, it was big tall hubby's birthday and the kids were out of school so we were family-ing it up around here. Just note, I have no idea what I am cooking for dinners this week and my "things to do" from last week are actually getting pushed to next week because I am planning a three person birthday party for this Saturday. That definitely takes precedence over anything else.
On to more exciting things...
The lovely and talented Erin over at Skoots and Cuddles nominated me for a "Stylish Blog" award. I was so excited. Woo, yay me! So thank you to Erin. You should totally check her out. She just moved into a golf course house (don't know why she didn't buy mine!!! just kidding, we live waaaaay far away from each other) and she has the best decorating ideas. I am loving her dining room redo and it is making me want to work on my own neglected dining space. Part of the acceptance of this award is to share seven things about myself. Hmm, just seven? Kidding, again, I think I share lots but here goes.
- When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a Solid Gold Dancer or an astronaut. Both of those are super cool jobs, right? Funny, if the good folks at either place called me now, I would totally accept their offer. In a heartbeat.
- I used to play cello in school. I only picked it because my mom wouldn't let me play drums and the cute, cool girl on "Fame" played cello so I figured that was a good choice. I played for a long time but now I don't think I could do it. I still have my cello in my closet. Maybe I should drag it out sometime.
- I was called once to be on Martha Stewart's new show (when it first got started). They were looking for really bad cooks, that Martha could help. I had emailed her a question shortly before and when they called me I felt bad saying I was a bad cook. I'm really ok (they wanted like disastrous people who couldn't boil water). I didn't want to lie. Now I could kick myself. I mean, hello! It's Martha. I LOVE THAT LADY!!! Boy, was I dumb.
- I wish I could have some chickens in my back yard. Just a few. I think that would be fun.
- I am dying to move to a beach. I really hate cold weather (yep, you know that already) but I seriously would not miss anything about the Midwest. Maybe someday I'll get there.
- I never lived in a house until I got married. I always lived in an apartment (or dorm in college) with my mom. I was so proud of my first house. I loved it there.
- I have almost 500 CD's. Ridiculous. But I love music and would pick listening to music over TV any day. Most of my collection is older, but I have a list of new tunes I want to get soon.
Well, there, seven kind of new things about me. Whodathunkit?
For my nomination as a stylish blogger, I am nominating, Kerri over at The Pleasures of My Life. She has the cutest baking and crafting ideas. And she loves to share stories about her cutie pie son, Brady. So give her a look see, OK?