Thursday, January 13, 2011

watchin' my weight Wednesday- except it's Thursday

It is next to impossible to break a sugar habit when your kids beg, I mean, beg you to make cookies on snow days. I had to oblige, didn't I?



I have just about kicked my salt cravings. (Remember my sugar and salt cravings went crazy after all the holiday indulging?) I found that if I have a savory breakfast I don't really crave anything salty the rest of the day. I know, weird. I have been making a scrambled egg with cooked spinach. Then I cut up some cherry tomatoes and add a lot of pepper and just a touch of sea salt. It works.

I am still trying to work on the sugar habit. I definitely got rid of all the holiday junk. But like I said, the kids really wanted to bake. It is so hard to resist home baked goodies. We only made half a batch (don't tell them that!) and they scarfed a ton of them already. I am finding that I really crave sweets around 2-2:30 so I have been having a yogurt or banana then, we'll see if that helps.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

I crave sweets around that time too!
LOVE the picture from behind of you kiddos...way cute!