Wow, I didn't intend to take a week off from blogging (it is definitely a highlight of my day- I love catching up with everyone!) but having those three monkeys home all week with the temperatures lingering around 33 degrees made for a loooooooong week. What a crummy spring break for my kids. We were all excited to have a couple days of warm weather while they were still in school.
Then, kablamo! Rain, hail (see our patio!), and freezing temps.
We didn't get to play outside hardly at all. Well, we did, but believe me, I was sporting my winter snow hat and gloves (no kidding) and we played for 20 minutes at a time. I was really wanting to take them to the parks and do some yard work and clean up our garage but alas, Mother Nature thought differently.
Instead, they played with playdoh, painted a bunch of pictures, totally destroyed their rooms (but they were playing!), drove me insane (just kidding!), went swimming (yep, me in the indoor pool with all three!), went to the library, and got into the temporary tattoos, see...
Parker is looking a little like Dennis Rodman, but that's ok.
We finally had a warmish day on Sunday and we went to the zoo. It ended up being a lovely day. We bought a family pass this year so I'm sure I'll be sharing lots of photos this summer of us hanging out there. I love the gardens at our zoo so be prepared for lots of posed shots of my three cuties.
My things to do this week:
- finish sorting pictures (only two more envelopes to go!!!)
- order a few more pics from Walgreens (finishing up some projects)
- mend two items: one of my produce bags and a sweater (lingering projects from a couple weeks ago)
- clean my upstairs doors
- clean/purge from my cleaning cabinet
- pick up our taxes
- schedule an air conditioner tune up
- schedule our sprinkler system turn on
- schedule a gutter cleaning
a lot of these are repeats from last week and before, with everyone home and no outside activities, it made getting any chores done next to impossible
my menus for this week:
- grilled metts & brats with sauerkraut and beer baked beans (pregnancy craving!)
- asparagus and sausage risotto
- beef and broccoli stir fry
- lasagna rolls and salads
- shrimp alfredo