Tuesday, September 27, 2011

blessed

my sweet baby
We went to see big tall hubby's family this past weekend and we were so glad to have little Asher baptized by his Popop. We ran up to his church (where he ministered for 20something years) and they had the small chapel ready for us. It certainly pays to have connections ;) . Big tall hubby's sister and brother-in-law and nephew from Utah were there too so it was lovely to be surrounded by all the big tall family. The baptism was quick since we did not do it during the regular church service but meaningful. Asher wore the same outfit that Parker did so that was bittersweet as well. It is so weird to see that your older children once wore these tiny outfits, isn't it? (Tanner could not wear the same outfit when he was baptized, he was rather huge, shall we say?) The kids loved spending time with their big tall Nana and Popop, cousin, aunts and uncles. I am pooped, and still recovering, I am clearly getting older. I don't quite bounce back as fast as I used to!
I have some pics of the big tall family but I don't want to post them, not sure how they would all feel to be floating out in cyber-space for the world to see. I do want to leave you with a mental picture, me (my 5'2" self) in the middle of all those six feet (or more) tall people in the chapel. Very funny indeed.

6 comments:

Erin Deegan said...

congratulations on asher's baptism! love the photo of you and him! so cute :)

Kerri said...

Yay for Asher's big day!
What a great picture of you and Asher! He's so cute and you look gorgeous!

Becca said...

such a cutie and great picture of the two of you!

Jill said...

Awww he is so adorable!!! The picture of the two of you is wonderful!! Have a great week!

Blessings,
Jill

Sarah said...

oh! What a darling little Asher. Don't you love his name? I mean, really, I love saying Asher's name :) You are looking AWESOME, I think you need more posts with your lovely self in them!

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

cute. cute. cute. such a cute picture of you! I wish I looked that pretty pregnant and/or not pregnant!