Tuesday, September 13, 2011

cringe-worthy

This is the kind of thing that make me cringe. And scream. And cry. And sigh, loudly. And mutter swear words under my breath. And threaten to take away all worldly possessions on a daily basis.

I thought I didn't have a lot of pet peeves until I saw this picture. I realized I have tons of them and most of them don't have a thing to do with me, because I am so perfect you know. I detest an unmade bed. I loathe open dresser drawers (even worse with clothes tumbling out). I hate dirty clothes on the floor. And all the tiny toys (i.e. Legos) dumped in massive piles makes my forehead veins bulge out and pulsate. See how easily irritated I am? I need to take some major chill pills.

I know my room probably looked like this at some point in my growing up days but thankfully I don't remember it. I do however remember cleaning my room regularly, my mom cleaning it when I wasn't looking (throwing away my "stuff"), and being given a trash bag and told to "fill it up." I learned not to say "I'm bored" because my mom would tell me to go clean my room, and she meant it. I had to go get busy. I guess those lessons and lectures stayed with me. I have a lot of work to do with my own kids. Their rooms look like this a lot. A whole lot.

2 comments:

Karen said...

If it's any consolation Jenny this is what my kids' rooms would look like on a really, really, really good day. :)

Jill said...

Ummm I'd have to say that looks pretty good! Remember my basement?...lol Have a great week!

Blessings,
Jill