Blogs can instantly turn into forums for complaining. I've done my fair share here. I am really trying hard to avoid that but jeepers it is tough. I so want to tell you about playgroups that went awry and house showings that broke my heart over the weekend but I won't. You don't want or need to hear me moan and groan do you? I didn't think so.
On a lighter note, 17 pounds or so lighter, my baby is six months old today!
Yep, six months. Don't blink, your kids will be all grown up.
I tried to get a cute picture of us together using our photo booth, it just didn't happen. And all that schmag stuff behind me is Big Tall Hubby's PhD stuff. I'm trying to ignore it too. Don't even look at my kooky hair- still trying to be patient as it grows out. I am dying to get it cut but I am really wanting a ponytail! Maybe 2012 is the year I stop being a perfectionist... nah, don't count on it.
my menus for this week:
- chicken and dumplings (kids are loving this but I am sick of it, I don't even eat the chicken, this is the last time for a while)
- cauliflower puttanesca (still haven't made this one but I am this week)
- stuffed peppers and roasted veggies
- pizzas and salads
- grilled cheese/veggie sandwiches (homemade half and half bread) and soup
- shrimp/mushroom alfredo fettuccine with some veggie side dish (not sure yet)
- potato and bacon frittata and biscuits
my things to do this week:
I don't have an "official" list. Honestly, last week kind of threw me for a loop. I had all these plans to get things done after all our celebrating but life gave me some curve balls so I am playing catch up. (unexpected visitors, house showings, terrible playdates, doctor's appointments, etc.)
I do hope to:
- clean up the basement
- take kids' clothes to resale shop
- finish taking boxes to Goodwill (I took 7 last week!!!!)
- return some items to Michaels and hopefully score a cute basket or two for Zoe's room
- finish the massive room clean up with Zoe (we are almost done)
Have a super fun week everyone.
Just bragging: I have scrapbooked 15 layouts so far this year! Yay me! I love that "craft" is my focus word. It really has helped me to make myself do things I want to do.