Wednesday, April 16, 2008

the blanket

This picture does not convey the true funniness of this moment. It all happened so quickly that I ran to get the camera and I tried to capture the shot only to be a second to late. I've been doing some random spring cleaning, I am a total clean-a-holic. Washing our extra blankets on our beds and putting them away for the summer/fall is one of my every year chores. This blue one is from Zoe's bed. It is one of those fuzzy ones that hotels used to have. It is super warm and she loves it. She actually cried when I told her it was time to take it off. So for two days it was a tent, an ocean to swim on, a ghost costume, a cuddly thing for tv time, and etc. etc. etc. This was the last moment I would let them play with it as I found it getting covered with dog hair and it was time to wash it then put it in the Space Bag (by far one of my favorite organizing tools!). I heard massive giggling and found Zoe, Parker, and Max under the blanket, all I could see were feet. All I could hear was happiness. Oh these are the moments I want to remember when my kids are grumpy teenagers. They were having so much fun I let them keep the blanket for one more day. It is now vacuum sealed in the Space Bag and the kids are on to other things. I am going to remember this moment in my mind, kid feet and dog feet sticking out of a blanket just laughing their heads off, even though my camera didn't completely capture it.

another spring cleaning tip: Swiffer sweepers (been using those a lot lately!) can help clean your return air vents, just use them to wipe across the vents, dust comes right off, and you don't have to get on a ladder or chair, us short-people love that! I also use these for my blind for a quick dusting, just close blinds and rub the sweeper over them. It helps to get most of the dust off and it is a lot quicker than dusting each individual blind.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the swiffer vac! I couldn't live without it.

Satunas4 said...

I love the swiffer vac too!!!! Couldn't live with out it either. Also love those moments with the kids. Isn't it great to hear and see them having such a good time..

Satunas4 said...

Oh I love your little basket idea. I think I'll use that one if you don't mind...:)