Wednesday, April 30, 2008

motor bikes

I am still battling my husband and his desire to have a mid-life crisis item, I mean "toy." He desperately wants a $40,000 fish and ski boat, I said no. He also wants a vacation home, I said no. Who does he think we are, Donald Trump? So now he is convinced he needs a scooter or motorcycle. I don't think either is a good idea. #1 my husband is 6 feet 5 inches tall so most scooters are too little for him. #2 he is a bit of a sporadic driver so I worry about him being cautious on a motorcycle. AND I just don't want to spend the money. With that being said, he'll probably get the basic motorcycle he saw that is not as expensive as a Harley (thank goodness). Here is his argument for getting a motorized bike of some kind: it will save on gas money. Right, I get that. A scooter gets like 50 miles to a gallon. Awesome. BUT we still have to spend at least $3000 to get the scooter, does that make sense to you? Spend $3000 to save while gas is super expensive? I guess I am not seeing the logic. Either way, we're spending a lot of money. We'll see, I love my husband and I'll probably give in.

On a related note, Zoe said something that totally cracked me up. We saw two Harley dudes at a stop sign the other day. They had all the gear, you know leather everything, totally like the "Wild Hogs" movie. They also had the saddle bags with the silver nail head things (don't know what they are called) around the edges. Zoe says, "mommy, those tough guys bedazzled their motorcycles! Why did they do that? Don't they know that is for girls?" I laughed out loud, what would those "tough" guys say if someone accused them of bedazzling their accessories?! Love it! Now every time I see a tricked out bike, I totally think of Zoe's observation.

Wild Hogs trailer- Jeez, I love John Travolta! I seriously think he is still so darn cute!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZMgkDDZkvU

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Funny! Bedazzled, that's a hoot. I will think of her everytime I see a biker all decked out :)

Unknown said...

The loved Wild Hogs!
Good luck on the scooter issue:)

Satunas4 said...

That is so funny!!! I saw a biker the other day and thought of her. Good luck with the bike and or scooter issue.. My husband gets in these moods every once in a while too.. I think he is crazy!!!! But gotta love him :)