Friday, April 4, 2008

desperate need of chocolate

I was telling myself, no more chocolate, until yesterday...
Zoe, who last month was chosen as "Dancer of the Month" at her dance studio, decided to throw THE BIGGEST fit ever when it was time to get her leotard on and go to dance, the one place she can't wait to go every week. Even my much-calmer-than-me-husband, tried to intervene to no avail. It ended in an ultimatum- get your leo on or you are not going to dance, well the fit-throwing-maniac would not get her leo on, kicking and screaming the whole time, and so she did not go to dance. OOOOOhhhh, was I mad, I left the house because I had to go and pay her dance class dues (or get charged a late fee) and it was a good thing because I think I might have totally lost it! We had so much trouble with her that we didn't make it to kindergarten registration night either, ugh, now I have to try to go to the next one and hope my husband can go. I swear, whoever said if you give your kids an ultimatum be prepared to follow through never had a schedule as tight as ours, or else they would have thrown the fit-throwing kid in the car, made her go to dance and apologize for being late, and still go to the kindergarten registration. (I think I heard it from Dr. Phil, he said, if you tell your kids you are going to leave the store if they do___ again, then you better be ready to leave. I've had to do this too, not a good experience by the way.) So needless to say, I broke down and ate some chocolate, it's a vicious cycle. Thankfully, tomorrow is a new day and I can start again.

No comments: