Tuesday, April 22, 2008

new stuff happening at our house

This is a new game to play at our house. I call it "Zoe bosses Parker around, fills up his backpack to the brim, and he cries because it is too heavy."
Zoe calls it, "school." She is the teacher. She actually does a pretty good job. I think kids inherit certain traits that will lead them to their chosen profession. It makes sense that she'd want to be an educator like so many in her family. I, of course, want her to be whatever she wants, which changes daily, mostly she wants to be a cheerleader, we'll see in about 20 years or so.
I wanted to post this Saturday but somehow I forgot. Not sure why. I have started a new Saturday morning tradition of making pancakes. It's the one food everyone will eat. My husband likes to have a "big" breakfast (eggs, sausage or bacon, and toast, the works- how spoiled is he?!) and the kids and I don't eat it. So I found myself standing there in the kitchen for what seemed like hours making all those different breakfasts. I watched on a recent (rerun) of "Jon and Kate Plus 8" (on TLC, Monday nights) my new favorite show, besides "The Office," that Kate makes pancakes for her crew of 10! I thought if she can do it so can I! I make the batter the night before and Saturday it's all ready to go. I usually have enough left over for the kids to have some Sunday while daddy has another "big" breakfast, eggs, etc. (I am realizing how spoiled he is!) So another little thing that makes my life easier/better, I love it! It's a good thing (blatant Martha quote!).

Oops, I almost forgot, Happy Earth Day! Me and the munchkins planted some seeds in honor.

No comments: