Thursday, April 17, 2008

warmer weather projects

Slowly but surely our little corner of the world is getting ready for warmer weather. My allergies are certainly telling me things are changing! I have been doing a few things to get ready myself. I saw on Aby Garvey's blog http://creativeorganizing.typepad.com (my fave organizing scrapbooker) that she had a summer bucket of goodies. I made one too, hers was cuter, but mine is truly functional. How do I know? My husband used it already (!) and commented what a good idea it is! I gathered some first aid items: band aids, neosporin, solarcaine spray, tissues for tears and sunblock and bug spray put them all in a basket and Ta Da! This is resting in our garage right next to our big sink in case we have to wash out any boo boos. I think this will be so handy as more skin becomes exposed thus leading to more boo boos. Another thing I did, as nerdy as it sounds, is to check all our flashlights for batteries. I am terrified of tornadoes, not a good phobia to have when you live in Tornado Alley, so I worry about having lights/electricity all summer. The littlest thundercrack just about sends me in to defib, I am serious. I am working on making an emergency kit to keep in the basement. Like I said, total phobia.
I just made you want to go check your flashlights didn't I? :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Your blog is just making my day lately! I loved the grocery store post, I laughed for days. Not at you of coarse-but because that is me like everyday with my kids. The Kohls story was a hoot. And I love the blanket photo too-yummy tootsies :) I added the organizing chicks blog to my favorites. You know I am as passionate as you are about organizing! Great idea to get ready for summer. Your kids will think you are a super star mom when you are on the spot with a bandaid. I know I've told you this before Jen-You Rock! I love getting to peak inside your daily life. hugs-Sarah