Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Nana layouts

So I've been on a scrapbooking binge the last few months, trying to zoom through some pages, using mostly cardstock, patterned paper and stickers and it's been fun. I was kind of itching to do a more detailed layout. Here's a new layout I used where I actually spent a little more time and effort. I even used some paint! It was fun to just put some paint on the paper (Basic Grey) and journal right over the paint. I've seen some of the gals in Creating Keepsakes do that and I have wanted to try it, it was surprisingly easy. And just a note, I actually put two 4x6 pictures together to make the bigger picture. The two pictures were taken at the same time, but neither one included both kids with Nana. The solid brown ribbon under "Nana" is a piece I saved from a Coach purse tag, and I literally have no idea how old it is considering most of my purses have come from Target! Point being, I saved it because I liked the color and knew I could use it someday on a scrapbook page (it says "Coach" on the back), I adhered it using my Xyron, my new old favorite tool. I just noticed that my bottom ribbon is crooked, urgh, oh well, c'est la vie. It's hard to see in this picture because of the glare but Zoe made a Nana page for her scrapbook too! I gave her the duplicate picture and she did it on her own, I am so proud! She's pretty good, using letter stickers to spell names and frame stickers for borders, I have a feeling she'll be very crafty as she gets older.
You gotta love the guitar tattoo on her arm. She's so hard core!

No comments: