Monday, May 5, 2008

more tales from the grocery

I know I rant and rave about my grocery trips all the time but this one is kind of funny...

Friday, my husband took the day off so we both could go to the doctor. I took complete advantage of him by getting up early and going to the grocery by myself. He was in charge of morning stuff, breakfast, feeding animals, etc. I would have enjoyed myself a lot more if I wasn't so darn tired, I got there at 6:45 AM. Anyway, I'm doing my normal shopping when not one, not two, but THREE store employees asked me "where are your children this morning?" OK, what does that mean? Do we leave that much of an impression on the people in the store that they notice when they're gone?!? Hmm, makes me wonder.

Another, not so funny story...

My mom was at the grocery Sunday morning. It was not her usual store, just one she goes to every couple weeks to get this certain kind of yogurt she likes. Anyway... she had a couple things in her cart and her purse was in the baby seat. She was picking out her yogurt and checking the expiration dates when she turned around and found her cart missing. After enlisting the help of store employees, they found her cart and her purse. Her cash was missing ($25) but nothing else. Needless to say, she was feeling very lucky to have it back. She said she was most worried about losing her credit cards and phone and her expensive purse so the cash being gone didn't bother her too much. I just wanted to remind all my friends who might be reading this to keep an eye on all items in your cart while shopping, this happened really fast at a store in a "nice" area of town.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Things that make one think!
Happy to hear that it was only money taken.

Sarah said...

I'm really good at walking away from my cart and my purse-good reminder. I think everyone at the store just adores you and your kids :)