Friday, May 9, 2008

everything old is new again

I love it when my kids love the things I used to love. My kids love to rock out to Queen and Kiss (the especially love to watch them on YouTube!) and Zoe has perfected the perfect "uh huh" Elvis style. I have been telling Zoe about Wonder Woman for a while, we've looked her up on the 'net a few times and she is so into her. I found this DVD at the library and we have been watching it. I love it still! I wish for our daughters to have strong women like this to look up to instead of anorexic, drug-addicted Hollywood girls famous for doing nothing but showing their undieless bottoms! (Although, Wonder Woman did have a rockin' body in her costume?!) We have been playing "spy" using our jump ropes as magic lassos. The only thing missing is Underoos (which I found out they still sell!). Come on girls, you know you wore your Wonder Woman Underoos around the house spinning, jumping, and fighting crime! Or was that only me? And who can forget Fun Dips? Those sugary pouches with the sweet sticks inside just made for double dipping were one of my favorite treats as a youngster. Zoe got this one in a treat bag from school and she was so kind to share it with Parker.
He was kind of like, hmm, this is good but where are the M&Ms? He isn't much of a sugary sweet boy, he prefers chocolate. Zoe on the other hand, loves anything with sugar as long as it's on her plate!

No comments: