Friday, May 23, 2008

I just couldn't help myself

I have been trying so hard to not impulse buy scrapbooking materials for about a year now. Since I got my desk and bookshelves and a real area to work in, I felt like I should be working and not stockpiling supplies. I usually do pretty well. My best defense is to avoid my favorite scrapbooking stores. Now don't get me wrong, a week is not complete without a trip to Michaels or Hobby Lobby but that's usually to get consumables like, page protectors, adhesive, etc. My real weakness is Archivers, that place about sends me into convulsions, hot flashes, and quicker breath. I get to see all the stuff in person that I see in my favorite magazines. It's really hard not to splurge there. Anyway... I was in Target last week (they finally found my Easter pictures that had been lost! that's another story...) when what to my wondering eyes should appear in the dollar aisle but these cute ribbon stacks! Oh they just called my name, "Jenny, you know you want us, come on, aren't we so cute and all your favorite colors and prints?! Buy us, buy us." I promise that really happened! So now I have these little cuties just dieing to be used in a project, unfortunately, I have several things I am working on that must be finished in a timely fashion (i.e. Father's Day) so they'll have to wait. As for now, they are sitting on my desk just lookin' purty.

No comments: