Thursday, May 15, 2008

privacy please

I see you! We've been trying to work on privacy around here. I get a teeny bit annoyed when I go to the bathroom and have 2 kids and a dog in there with me. And what really gets me is when I am getting dressed in my closet (lucky me I do have a big closet) and they all come in there. I guess I get irritated when they see me trying on pants or shirts that just don't look right for whatever reason. It's like having the American Idol judges watching you, they just stare and commentate, "mommy I think you should wear this jeweled shirt to the grocery, it is fancy", or "why are you putting on another pair of jeans, you just had some on?" I always try to project the image that I am a self-confident, don't care what others think of me, kind of mom when that couldn't be further from the truth. I especially want Zoe to think I think I rock because it is my opinion that girls just naturally have confidence issues. So until they learn the value of privacy, I'll be forced to lock bathroom doors and distract them ("go find mommy"...)when I am trying to find the perfect jeans.

No comments: