Monday, May 19, 2008

similar paper crafts

Here are some crafts I made with the leftover paper and embellishments I used for Zoe's teachers' gifts. I made them matching cards (and another for a good friend of mine using some leftover Donna Downey canvas:) ). I also decorated these big clothespins. I originally bought them to use as picture holders but I have been organizing things (nothing new for me!) and the thought just came to me. One is for school papers and things like that and one if for home stuff like coupons, flyers, invitations, etc. I plan on mounting them to the inside of my pantry door with some sticky stuff. This is where I keep our family calendar, school calendar, sports and dance calendar, and my grocery list. I would rather use this space for those cool wire baskets that you mount and put small pantry items in but I also like to have this "family" center not out in the world. I can shut the door and it instantly looks cleaner than having everything posted on the fridge or wall. It works for now, we'll see how it goes as the kids get bigger/busier. Here is a scrapbook page I made using some more of the same paper and embellishments. I really stretched my supplies this time. I also "copied" this layout somewhat. I don't usually do this, I frankly don't have the patience, it just seems to be harder for me and it seems to take longer. But, I pulled this page out of Scrapbooks etc. a while ago and I thought this picture of me and my kiddos worked perfectly. Notice that I didn't copy it exactly, that would require too much effort and probably some measuring, I really don't like to do that!

No comments: