Wednesday, May 14, 2008

things that made me smile

Some things that made me smile in the last few days... Parker came up to me and said, "mommy, deese for you." I turned around and saw him holding these silk tulips Zoe uses to dress up her tea party table. My heart melted I swear! The re-enactment for the camera did not produce the perfect smile but I don't think it matters, this is one I won't forget.
And Zoe wore a dress for me. She wore dresses for about 2 1/2 years straight during the whole princess-phase and it drove me crazy (mostly because she also had to have panty hose and dress shoes- super annoying at the playground) but since school has started, it's been jeans only, which also drives me crazy. She has the cutest dresses and skirts you've ever seen (thanks to my shop-a-holic mom) and she won't wear them. So I told her about a week in advance, you will wear a dress for Muffins for Mom day at school. She agreed but I had to put curlers in her hair (she said, "mom you have them, so I can too", ugh annoying me again) and she took the dress off as soon as we got home. For a few hours, she was my little princess girl again.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

you have two sweet, beautiful kids. They made me smile too :)