Friday, May 16, 2008

teacher gifts

This is me totally stealing an idea I saw in a scrapbooking idea book. I took these two drink boxes (and four empty frappachino bottles)... And turned them into "spa" kits for Zoe's teachers at preschool.
It was pretty easy once I got started. I used 4 pieces of 8x8 paper, some ribbons, flowers, a little paint, two metal tags and two binder clips. I just glued the paper to the holders and painted the edges, to hide my measuring flaws, added embellishments and voila! The hardest part has been finding things to fill up the empty Frappachino bottles (my husband was like, "you want me to save the lids and bottles for what?" he just couldn't see my vision, but he liked the iced coffee treats, I don't like coffee at all but I'll do anything for a good craft!). I put m&ms in one jar, I got a poofy sponge and some cool homemade soap and hand lotion for the other openings. I just got some bubble bath to put in the other two empty bottles, still have to fill those up. I think they look so cute. I asked Zoe if she thought her teachers would like them and with wide eyes she said, "mommy, they will love them!" I also made matching cards to write an official "thank you." I am pretty proud of myself for finishing them early, not rushing at the last minute.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

great, great, great idea! They WILL love them for sure :)