Saturday, May 10, 2008

gettin' it done

Duh! My Saturday pancake ritual just got easier. I remembered to use the griddle my mother-n-law got me for Christmas. Wow, it sure goes a lot faster. In my defense, I was hesitant to use it because it is coated with non-stick stuff and any bird owner will tell you it is absolutely impossible to use non-stick cookware if you have a bird. Apparently, the cookware emits a toxic substance that can kill the birds instantly, just imagine what it's doing to us humans! Upon getting married and becoming a birdy step-mom, I had to get rid of my beautiful non-stick cookware and learn how to cook without it. Let me tell you, this was not an easy task, many a thing was burned to a crisp. Now as much as Grayman drives me crazy with his Mariah-Careyish-decibel-ear-splitting squeaking and squawking, I don't want to kill him! After calling the company and being reassured he would be ok as long as I cooked on a low temperature, I commenced to be a pancake making machine. Although I will tell you, I was grateful for every squeak that came out of that little gray guy's beak the whole time I was cooking, that's all I need is a lifeless bird on the bottom of his cage! Just one little thing to make my life a little easier, lovin' it!

No comments: