Tuesday, May 27, 2008

what a mess

Is it normal to have a true conniption fit over a mess? I swear things like this can send me over the edge faster than people who drive like maniacs in the Target parking lot while talking on their cell phones and drinking their freakin' Starbucks. This is our formal living room that it currently being used as a play room. I have big dreams for this room someday and my husband, well I think he has just given up trying to talk me into getting some furniture for this room not made by Little Tikes. I usually don't mind it being a little messy, it just means they've been in there playing right? But total destruction and devastation really make me mad! I hate to try to enlist the kids' help in cleaning because they really just get in my way and I am fast anyway (hear my control freak coming out?) but I think I'm going to have to this time, this is a wreck. The funny thing, they play in there forever after it's all been cleaned up. When it's a big mess like this, they just bring stuff into other areas of the house and trash them too. I try to remember that someday they'll be teenagers who don't play with toys and barely speak to me and that is about the only thing that stops me from renting a dumpster for the weekend and going crazy.

No comments: