Thursday, May 8, 2008

donut love

Last week after a doctor's appointment, I stopped at THE BEST bakery in the world. I went to Milton's Donuts in my hometown of Middletown. I am not kidding when I tell you they have the absolute best donuts in the world. I know some of you are die hard Crispie Cream fans or Dunkin' fans, but I am so serious when I tell you these are the best ever. I try to stop and get a chocolate cake donut every time I'm visiting family. For a few years, my mom and I lived across the street from this happy place and I can remember stopping before school to get a donut and milk jug. Oh my gosh, they are heaven. No other donuts can compare and let me tell you I know, because I have tried them all, everywhere I have ever visited or lived. Next to M&M's, donuts are my favorite sweet treat. I love the smell of Milton's and when I took the kids in there it smelled the same as it did 20 years ago, they put our treats in a box and tied them with the red cord they always use. I just love a good tradition! They have these really yummy sugar cookies with yellow smiley faces on them that are awesome, I was so excited to get donuts, I forgot to get the cookies, we'll get those next time. I am such a Milton's fan, that when I was a teacher, my students used to bring in Milton's donuts for their birthday treats (I taught here for a while) and they would say, we brought these because we know you like them! Once they even brought me a cake, don't even get me started on that scrumptiousness! No one ever accused me of not being loyal.