Monday, December 22, 2008

devils and angels

Yeah sure, they look like angels hard at work but they are truly devils in disguise. Last night they pulled a chandelier from our ceiling, yes, a working light fixture came down to the floor. Zoe apparently decided to swing from it. We (me and hubby) were so mad we couldn't even yell at them. I had some gruesome visions of appropriate punishment but we settled on "I can't believe you would do that with Santa and his elves watching you and getting ready to come here soon!" Guilt, works every time. We got the light re-hung and it works, my hubby rocks, but the anger has not disappeared. Hopefully, that will never happen again.

OB update:
I am 2 cm dilated, baby is not engaged enough to start anything. I am going Friday to the hospital for a 10 AM induction. My doctor said to be ready because chances are baby will come since we made it official and scheduled it. I pray not, I want to be home for the big Santa reveal! Some feelings: Glad to know the end is near but I hope things go on their own naturally, do not like inductions at all! Sad to know I won't be this little one's sole protector after Friday. Wondering if this is my last time pregnant, ever? Excited to meet him/her. Nervous for a complication-free birth. Happy that everything has gone well so far and my body is hanging in there. Teeny-bit irritated that I have to go the day after Christmas, no rest for the weary! Panicked, do I have everything ready? Sad because these are my final moments as just P and Z's mom, going to have to be even more of a time-manager. Mourning the loss of my daily chocolate habit- gotta get back in shape. Thrilled to literally share the news of our little bambino in a few days with the whole world!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Hanging from the light fixture-that is awesome! Holden better not get wind of that cool trick, he is sure to try it out :) Can't wait to hear about baby. I was induced with Asher and it was not bad at all, but I hope you go before that. Hmmmm...I sense planning for #4 right around the corner :)

Kristin said...

Jenny,

Good luck! You are such an awesome woman and mom your kids are so lucky to have you.

Unknown said...

Maybe he/she will come x-mas day evening. I am hoping for that time frame or later for myself. I am thinking about you everyday.

Satunas4 said...

Love the light fixture thing. I can't believe my Anthony never tried that one. And he is such a monkey... Oh how I am laughing with you... Got to love it!!!! Can't wait to hear the news of the new baby. And see lots and lots of pictures. Don't worry you'll do just fine.Your super mom!!! I've been thinking about u lots. Hang in there the end is near.. Merry Christmas!!!