Saturday, December 13, 2008

whew!

Isn't it amazing how light you can feel after a stress/weight is lifted off you? I agonize every year over what to get my husband's secretaries and office staff. It is so hard because there are about 15 women he (and his assistants) want to recognize at the holidays for their dedication and hard work. As most people know, working in public education is far from profitable so these gifts have to be fairly inexpensive. I start thinking of them in August usually, running ideas by my hubby so I can get ready to shop. We have done homemade stuff, bought stuff, you name it, I have tried it. I had a couple different ones this year but we settled on this... (sorry about poor photo quality- bad lighting)
It is an ice cream bowl (found at Olde Time Pottery- love that store) with a bunch of candy, bags of sprinkles, and a gift card to Graeters Ice Cream (the best ice cream in Cincinnati- Oprah even raves about it, you can order it online by the way and have it shipped to you!) The theme was kind of "treat yourself to a sundae." I am happy with the way they turned out. I bought very large containers of sprinkles and put a serving into those teeny jewelry baggies you can buy at hobby shops so it would be contained in the bowl. I think the bowl is cute too because it has a little "foot" so it looks pretty fancy in case the gals want to put it on their desks for candy or paper clips, whatever.
I usually wrap each gift but I thought I would make it easier on myself and use gift bags this year. I chose to not do an elaborate tag (as I usually do) instead adhering it to the front of the bags with a small flower embellishment. I like them actually, simple and rather understated. I hope they all like the gifts. My philosophy is this: if I want it for myself, it must be pretty good.

1 comment:

Murillo Family said...

YIPPEE! they look so cute, and I love the simple bag and tag-you go girl!