Tuesday, December 9, 2008

OB update

39 weeks update: OK, our baby is due in one week, I am still 1 cm dilated. Let's just say when the doctor told me, I cried. I just couldn't believe I hadn't progressed any further. I, for a minute, felt kind of bad because I think my doctor felt bad too, but you know what? I really thought I'd be at least 3 cm or more! Normally, I swear I wouldn't care, I like to let nature take its course, but I really feel the pressure to be home for Christmas with Z & P. I want to be here with them, I can't imagine missing Christmas morning because I'm in the hospital. The doctor says that all is well and since my other two did not come early this one probably won't either. Urgh, oh well I guess the one positive is that I have more time to do holiday stuff... that is, if I could move/navigate my huge belly.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I was thinking about you today. I kept checking your blog feeling like today was the day. I will send labor vibes your way :)

Sarah said...

I'm thinking about you Jen. We send lots of hugs and some more labor vibes your way :)