Tuesday, December 2, 2008

ornament tradition

Every year I add a photo ornament of the kids to the Christmas tree. They are my favorites, well actually I love all ornaments but these are the ones I love to look at each year after the tree is up and done. This year I used these sleds that were actually intended for gift cards (you know you put the gift card in there as a holder for the recipient). Zoe's school picture and a wallet of Parker's recent 3 years old photos fit almost perfectly, just needed a little trimming. I used some pieces of a scrapbook page protector to cover them and protect them from scratching. I labeled the back with a permanent marker with their ages and the year. That's it, simple. Oh and I should mention, I bought the sleds for .25 cents last year after Christmas from a marked down clearance rack. I stored them with my other ornaments so I wouldn't forget I had them thus forgetting to make them. Someday, I hope to have a tree full of embarrassing childhood pictures that will torture them endlessly when they are teenagers!

No comments: