Thursday, December 11, 2008

pantry project

Why aren't my presents wrapped?
Why aren't my floors mopped?
Why do I always complain about not having enough time in the day?
It's because of projects like this one. Last week after I came home from the grocery, I was putting things away and bags of chips and paper towels kept falling on my head from the top of the pantry. So right then and there, I took everything out and starting doing "my thing." Organizing, sorting, purging, and finally labeling. It is such a sick addiction. I couldn't help myself, I just had to do it. I found out, I buy way too many canned tomatoes, by the way. My husband came home from work in the middle of the mess and Zoe said, "Dad, can you believe she gets all this stuff in there?" Our giant kitchen island was completely covered with the stuff from the pantry and I was scrubbing shelves and baskets. (My husband claims I am part elf because I can cram a lot of stuff in a tiny area. So this was really funny to me at the time.) Despite the fact that this seemed random, I've actually wanted to do it for a long time. I like the results, everything is in such better order and it is easier to find what I need after grouping things together. I must note, I did not buy new matching baskets or anything, just used what I had. I have tons of baskets and containers, oh, don't get me started on that...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kind of funny, I cleaned out my pantry last night. I had two bags of open chips, old food and empty boxes.