Tuesday, June 3, 2008

the beast

I slayed the beast! I finally finished this book after about 3 months and 3 library renewals, I did it! Woo hoo! I really wanted to quit but I kept pushing through. I am glad I did. I learned a lot and it really put things in perspective. I wish if I can tell the author (a Marshall University professor) that I liked the more human interest side of the story in contrast to the specific factual recounts of budgets, campaign costs, etc. I can see why FDR was elected four times, he was a pretty cool dude, I wish we had such a brave visionary now. After reading about the Great Depression, I can't help but think we are experiencing a similar if not smaller scale version of a depression, with all the home foreclosures, loss of jobs, banking disasters, recession, high unemployment, etc. This fall with the upcoming presidential race looming is going to be very interesting.

No comments: