Thursday, June 5, 2008

"fun" meals

My mother-in-law and my husband always call any meal from a fast food place a "fun meal" instead of "Happy Meal" or kid's meal or whatever. I always tell them it is because they lived in a cave until 1986... just kidding they didn't but it never ceases to surprise me when my husband says he never did _________ or tried ________, things I see as universal to childhood. (The man has never had a Twinkie for goodness sake! I mean, I practically lived in a convenience store as a child, Twinkies, Ho Hos, Snowball, soft serve ice cream and penny candy were staples to me... I am starting to understand more about myself as I write, hmmm...)
Anyway, I stopped at Wendy's the other day for the kids and they protested vehemently, they are die-hard McD's fans as most kids are, and when we got home and unwrapped their sodium-laden-fat-filled-non-nutritious lunches (I was weak people!) they found these Arthur stationary sets. Parker said, "Dat a game mommy?" No buddy, it's some paper and stuff to make cards. Zoe said, "Oh mommy, that is the best fun meal toy I ever got!" And she proceeded to work until all her supplies were used up and I had a collection of notes then she moved on to Parker's supply, she said, "mom, he won't want to use these old things." Turns out she is a paper junkie just like me! She is mine after all, sometimes I wonder because she is so much like her daddy, she even calls them "fun meals!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats!
When is your due date?
Soon we will be in the crazy three club;)

Sarah said...

Congrats Jen! I left a comment the other day, but it's not here? I was so tired the night I saw it that I actually had to look twice because I thought I was dreaming it:) We are so happy for you! Hope you are feeling good. We need more details-what's your due date?

Satunas4 said...

Congrats!!! How are you feeling??? I left a comment the other day too. Hope all is going well. Keep us updated on how things are going...